Wednesday 27 February 2013

Charity Launch



The time has arrived and there is tension and excitement building in our group. The time for the launch of our book has arrived.

I was honoured when Jen asked me to be a part of the anthology, that was to become, Tales of an Old Wizard. She explained that the profits would go to charity (which would change yearly) so I wouldn't get any money from the sales but I didn't mind. Somebody had faith in me that my stories could, not only give a child some enjoyment, but that I could raise money for worthwhile causes at the same time.

I have enjoyed being part of the process in creating the book and my happiness has been deepened by working with the other authors, one of whom happens to be my own daughter. Together we have pored over the text, editting, suggesting and honing our stories. And although this was Jen's idea, she listens to the group and takes suggestions and amendments seriously.

 

 "TALES OF AN OLD WIZARD is a collection of short stories for 9+ readers.

The world has forgotten the real, old magic and no one remembers how to make a fire by snapping their fingers, or how to raise waves with a whisper.

Greum is a wizard. He used to rule the elements but now he doesn’t bother. The only magic left in his life is that in the stories a young boy delights in tricking out of him. Stories of dragons, warriors and sorcery."


I hope you enjoy the book as much as we enjoyed writing it. Please join us for our launch https://www.facebook.com/events/147368238755076/  where there will be games/giveaways and a chance to chat with the authors.

I look forward to seeing you there. As you can see Megan and I are fully prepared with our bag of sweets!

Marie
www.mariegodley.moonfruit.com




 
 

1 comment:

  1. Aww...I'm so happy to be your friend and it's been a joy to work with you (both of you <3). Tomorrow's gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete